7.31.2009

39 Weeks
And still pregnant....

Ok so Craig and I tried one of the stupid home remedies to start labor. We ran into some friends on Monday at dinner who swore that drinking Castor Oil works! I'd heard that from a lot of people but in my head thought... I would never be able to drink ANYTHING even if I thought it would help start labor. Well... Craig got so excited about the idea and somehow used the emotional powers he has on me- and convinced me to do it! So I downed 2 oz of Castor oil along with some pepsi. (it was sooooo bad!) Within an hour I was sweating bullets and feeling so sick. Long story short (you can only imagine) I was up all night. BUT- I was having painful consistent contractions the whole night! They were 3-4 minutes apart- but in my opinion not painful enough. After being up ALL NIGHT... it was finally morning. I thought Craig would go to work- I'd get up and start moving around- I'd call him when they got really bad- and we'd be on our way. Well.. they stopped. Completely. How disappointing!!! We thought we were on our way! Later that day I was checked by Dr. Lunt to see my progress- (which was the most painful check yet). He told me I was at a 3- and thought I'd progressed a lot since last week. As he was leaving he casually slips in "Oh- and I am leaving again for the weekend... so baby before Saturday." WHAT????? I was in shock- he just got back! I panicked and asked him if he could strip my membranes so we could get this thing moving. Apparently he doesn't tell you when he's doing that- because he told me that he already did- and that's why his exam hurt so bad. That brought me some relief. We had 4 days to have this baby- I was sure it would happen.

Update: After walking and running and golfing and swimming EVERY night (coached by my husband Craig)- still nothing. I feel fine. So it's now Friday morning. Dr. Lunt leaves tomorrow morning and will be back Sunday night. If I don't have this baby today- (which doesn't seem likely) I'm shooting for Monday. I'm due Tuesday- and with my luck- she'll come NEXT Friday. We're keeping our fingers crossed. Craig and I are so excited to meet our little princess- and to know that she's healthy and strong. We just can't wait!

16 comments:

Stevenson Stories said...

Oh my.. I am so sorry it didn't work. :) great advice huh?! She just must not be ready to come yet even though I am sure you are past ready! Hope she comes soon and good luck!!

The Foisy's said...

Oh you poor thing. That is terrible. I can't believe you tried that. You must love your hubby a lot! I hope you are in the hospital right now having that baby! The end is so awful. Good luck can't wait to see her!

Higbee said...

Ah! That's frustrating! Hang in there! I can't wait to see pics of her though!

jaesi said...

I totally remember how you feel but trust me youll love every second|day|time you have left when she gets here and you are up all night.

plus a body is pregnant for 40 weeks for a reason....

she'll be here before you know it :)

Crowther Clan said...

Oh man that same thing happened to me with castor oil. I tried it a couple of times a few days apart & I got the sweats & was up ALL night. It's the worst tasting stuff & it doesn't mix with anything. Well good luck with everything:)

Unknown said...

With Brec he came four days early and the day I had him I went swimming in the afternoon and then purposely jumped on a trampoline to move things down and then that evening went bowling and out came Brec at 10:47 p.m. You could try it....why not?

Unknown said...

this is Chante btw......

Courtney said...

I am so not looking forward to the real waiting game. I keep checking your blog to see if you've had her, so you better update when you finally do! She'll come. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that it's sooner rather than later! Good luck!

A said...

Oh man! Why does he not induce you!!!!! seriously. The anticipation is the worst part. Good luck. Love you... and make sure to pack some paper sacks in case you go into one of your attacks...lol

Marcie said...

I cant believe you drank that stuff but hey I probably would have tried anything too if I had gotten close to my due date. I am so excited for you guys and I sure hope you have her when Dr.Lunt is in town. Cant wait to see some pics of the beautiful little thing!

Mary Jane said...

Poor Britta! I know you must be so anxious to get your little girl here! But with your first birth, remember, to wait until your body really is ready- you don't want to rush it with the first delivery! I am excited for you & Craig and once she is here, your life will never be the same! For the better of course! I just know she will be adorable.

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

ok trust me when i say if doc lunt says to wait, wait!!! i was 5 days over and scheduled to have gavin in like 3 more days and was hell bent on having him and wouldn't leave the hospital ( dialted to a 6 and 80 percent for 3 freakin weeks) and since i didn't go home and come back the next mornign i had the worst delivery ever!!! they were understaffed and to many girls and it was awful and gavin was in the icu for 5 days because of it!! so long story short, that baby will come:) but only when it wants!! good luck to you, i will keep my fingers crossed that you are having it by monday!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

chante, you can't jump on a trampoline!!! haven't you heard it tightens the umbilical cord if its around their neck! ouch

Renee and Kiddies said...

Have sex, that's what made me go into Labor with my last one, hehe!

Jodi Rae said...

I feel your pain! Waiting is the worst part. Tate was 5 days late, and I thought I was going to die. Your body will do it when it is time, and then your labor will be so much easier. My sister was started with her 1st baby and it took almost 3 days! Her body just wasn't ready. Sorry the castor oil made you sick, on top of being 9 mos pregnant. Gross stuff, I have never done and don't plan too. Not worth feeling sick if you aren't going to have the baby yet anyway! Boo Craig :) j/k. Good luck! You will do awesome and she will be well worth the wait I am sure! Can't wait to see some pics of her!

Kaesy said...

Baby today?