12.21.2009

Finally got my Vacation...

For over 3 months I'd been practically begging Craig to take me to California.
It finally happened!
It's been over a year since I've been to Laguna...
Which is the longest I have ever gone.
I've been missing the beach, the sunshine, the shopping, and the food.
I was excited for Eliza to take her first trip to the beach house.

We had an amazing time!

Day 1
12.18.09


We woke up to sunshine
So we went right out to the beach
It was high tide so we couldn't actually get on the sand
But it was beautiful!

8 a.m. and 70 degrees- it doesn't get any better!



Big Girl Stroller

We got our "Gina's fix" for lunch
Then headed to The Spectrum so I could shop!
We put Eliza in her stroller without her carseat
for the first time
She loved it!



For dinner we headed to Houstons
I should have taken a picture of our food
to make everybody jealous.
It was delicious.
Eliza fussed the entire meal
But her flower headband sure made her popular.
It must be a Utah thing...


After dinner we headed to Balboa Island to see
The Christmas Lights and yacht parade.
It was PACKED and I didn't get any good pictures
But the boats were beautiful and I've never seen
so many Christmas lights!

Day 2
9.19.09

Early morning family pictures in Newport
with the fabulous Andrea Filio and assistant Lisa Ward
(Pictures to come)
I miss my girls



Beach
It was 75 degrees and sunny
so we headed to the beach for the afternoon

Craig decided that Eliza would be "mad" at us if she knew
we had taken her to the beach and not let her touch the ocean.
Might I add... it's winter- and CRAIG even cringed when he touched the water.


These pictures were taken after the deed was done.
I didn't get an action shot because I was too busy yelling at him.
She didn't like it... obviously.


She was diggin the sand though
I couldn't decide on just one...

That night the grand finale was held at Javier's
The Facer Family Favorite
The food was again... delicious.
And again... Eliza was the center of attention.
I didn't get any pictures-
But this is our happy girl as we got ready


We think she's pretty cute.

We drove through Balboa Island again after dinner.
That little island has the most Christmas Spirit you'll ever see!
I'd recommend seeing it.

Day 3
12.20.09

We woke up and cleaned the house.
Stopped at Gina's again on our way out.
Drove up to Huntington Beach
Got to see the Fabulous Andrea one last time.
Then headed home...

We discovered that if we held Eliza's hand on the drive
She would stop crying
(Which is what she did the entire drive there)
So it was a much more peaceful ride.

We're home... and missing it already!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What a fun little family vacay! Can you believe how quickly they're growing up?