12.14.2010

{For the Record}
She's on a roll...

Last week after putting Eliza to bed one night, she was extra fussy. I think she was overly tired. I decided to just let her cry it out.
But I heard a loud thump- then a screeeam.
I honestly thought she had some how fallen out of her crib.
Craig beat me to her. When I got there he was holding her and she was screaming and screaming. I thought she had just bonked her head or something.
But then I saw her blanket was covered in blood.
We turned the light on and saw she was bleeding from her mouth. We were examining the "situation" as quickly as we could to figure out what had happened.
That's when we saw two huge indented teeth marks on the railing of the crib.
Her chin was beginning to swell, and her lips we swollen and bleeding. Luckily the blood wasn't coming from her teeth. (whew)
She must have some how fallen, hit her chin, then her lip, then her teeth.
I cringe thinking about it.
I didn't get a picture of everything- but she's still sporting a bruised chin.

THEN...
On Sunday, as we were going out the door for church...
(I feel like it was in slow motion)
She was following Craig out the door when she tripped and fell flat on her face.
Isn't the sound the scariest part???
Her chin/lip/cheek hit the scratchy surface of the welcome mat, and her forehead smacked right on the cement.
More blood and tears.
So then she was sporting a bruised and scratched chin, and cheek, and a swollen/bruised forehead.

THEN...
Later that night I started the tub and told her it was tubby time.
Lately she's been running from us.
She thinks it's so funny.
So she took off.
She ran behind a chair, tripped and smacked her forehead against the corner of a cabinet.
I was literally right behind her.
I grabbed her and turned her around and saw this...Craig almost threw up.
It was immediately black and swollen.
I actually thought I needed to take her to the dr. But then realized there was no blood, and she only screamed for a few minutes then acted just fine.
I guess we're just not used to all these bonks and bruises.
Today she looks like a battered child.
I'm not sure I should even take her out of the house.
Her entire forehead is black and blue.
Poor thing.

5 comments:

The Dabo's said...

Haha. That makes me laugh for some reason. Poor thing though. Hopefully no family pictures coming up!

erica said...

oh no...so sad. she's still cute all bruised up!

Lindsey & Tony said...

The pictures are perfect! She is so cute and growing up so fast!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Oh my goodness! I am cringing just looking at the picture of the bump on her head! That is terrible! Yet the story is all too familiar. Lydia is constantly sporting some sort of bruise lately. It makes me feel better to know she's not the only one who is experiencing some clumsy days. :)

Chante said...

That makes me so sad....that is the biggest bump ever! We have all experienced the same thing with our kids....maybe not all in one day, but you know....