2.06.2011

To My Angel...
Little Miss Eliza Lynn
You are 18 months now. I cannot believe how fast the time as flown. You have brought so much joy into my life. A type of joy I didn't know existed. Every morning I'm excited to see you. I feel so blessed that I'm able to spend all day with you. Nothing makes me happier.


You are the sweetest thing. You are so gentle and soft. I have never seen you aggressive with anything! You love to softly pet Mimaw's kitty kitty. Bogey and Boozer love you because you are so gentle. You have never ripped a page in a book. You've never broken anything. You handle all your toys with care. This quality I didn't know existed in babies. I am so amazed by your patience and care.


You are very particular. You have certain ways you like things done. If something is out of the ordinary, you MUST fix it. You can't continue without. Your food must be arranged just right. If there is something on your plate you don't like, you pile it neatly on the side of your plate. It can't be touching your plate, otherwise we cannot continue eating. If it is only one item- (like, a banana) you simply hand it over to me while saying "Tantu" (thank you). You are such a clean eater. I rarely need to clean you off, because you clean yourself off. I love this quality and hope it continues!


You love to dance. I have to be the annoying mother who says: "She's going to be a dancer!" and "She started dancing when she was 12 months old!" But I am already so proud of the way you move! You know every step of every dance in every movie you own. You still love Mary Poppins and dance to every scene. You have recently become obsessed with Zoey's Dance Moves- and you know every step. I have video after video of you doing all the steps along with Elmo and Zoey. We think you're pretty great- and obviously talented already!


You are an Angel. You never complain about anything. I put you down for your afternoon nap an hour ago. You have been up there jabbering away- not complaining one bit. At this point it's obvious that you won't be taking an actual nap. But you're completely content laying in your bed until I'm ready to come get you. The last 2 days you have been so sick. The first night of your sickness you woke up a few times- fussed a few seconds- then I wouldn't hear anything. I knew your molar would be breaking through any time now- so I figured that's all it was. In the morning I picked you up and immediately felt your burning body in my arms. I felt awful! Still no complaints from you. Much like the time I came to get you one morning only to discover you must have been throwing up all night long- and not saying a thing. (we have a monitor on all through the night because I'm paranoid like that). The other day I was having a coughing spell in the bathroom. A few seconds later you peaked your head around the corner and said: "Ok?" (You ok?). You melt my heart.


You have such a tender heart. This is something I heard often from MY mother growing up. I knew what it meant then- but now I REALLY know. You are just like I was. So sensitive and tender. I can't tell you how many times I have literally broken your heart, just by saying no, or taking something away. You don't throw fits though. In fact, you don't throw anything! Your bottom lip turns under, your chin quivers, and your eyes fill with alligator tears. Broken heart. If you think somebody might be mad at you, or a stranger looks at you. Broken heart. The other day I was getting ready in the bathroom. You came in carrying my phone. It took me a second to realize you were hanging around the toilet while my phone was in your hand (I usually keep it shut, but it was open). I had a panic moment and said "Oh no!" and quickly shut the lid, then continued getting ready. About 5 minutes later I finally noticed you were still standing in the same place. I looked down on you and discovered the "Curled lip, quiver chin, Alligator tears" face. I hadn't realized how upset you were! Same thing at the post office the other day. I stopped to get stamps in the machine. I set you down to navigate the machine. A couple minutes later I picked you up and realized you had been silently crying that whole time! It breaks my heart when I find you with a broken heart. Literally. You are so tender hearted.


You are so smart. You repeat everything I say. You are my little copy cat. You learn so quickly. If I say clean up- you know just what to do. You help me clean the house. You love helping me mop the floors and dust. You understand everything we say. You show me new "tricks" all the time. I love watching you soak in the world. There is nothing more amazing.


I am so in love with you.






6 comments:

jaesi said...

18 months?!! so fast!
(I need my babe to grow fast) Im still in the dark tunnel.

she is soooo beautiful- be proud mama!

Kaesy said...

cutest post ever. loved it.

Madsen Updates said...

I love that she has a tender heart. That's so sweet!!! Plus it's way better than having her throw a fit! :)
She is SO cute...I want to see her dance. Post a video.

The Foisy's said...

Such a cute post Britta! And if you make a blog book, this will be awesome! She is so cute!

The Dabo's said...

YEAH! Huge milestone, nursery!

Kelly Stanworth said...

I think I must love her almost as much as you guys do. You are the BEST mommy. I can't believe our babies are growing so fast. Hope you're having fun in Cabo, can't wait to see pics.