11.10.2011

My Deer Hunt

So I had a spike tag (elk) and a deer tag this year. Craig and I took the trailer up to Indian peaks for the spike hunt. It was freezing and we totally got skunked. We didn't even see one thing. Hunting is NO FUN when you see NOTHING. When the deer hunt came around I was kind of over it. I told Craig we weren't taking Eliza and I wasn't going to pack the trailer up and go anywhere- so basically we were sticking around St George. I also told Craig I wasn't going to hike. (wow I sound like a serious Debbie downer)
Opening morning came and we headed out. After we passed 500 hunters and saw orange on every single peak- I was wondering why we even came. Wow- I can't believe he actually still took my grumpy rump. We got of the fourwheeler and he said we were just going to walk to the top of that little ridge. I said fine and we started walking. We walked for a total of 3 minutes when he says "get your gun ready" Which means he sees something. He says "the last two in the group are bucks. Shoot one." They are always so dang far away i can never tell what they are! But we have a deal- when craig says shoot- i shoot. So one turned and I shot it. I'm not going to tell you how it wasn't a kill shot (got him in the leg) and we had to track it forever! I was getting really frustrated until it finally popped up out of the bushes again and I finally got a shot that wasn't 300 yards away! Obviously i ended up having a blast. I love that Craig is so good at making sure I have a good time and love the things he loves! I can't believe I actually enjoy hunting and camping and all the things I have never done before. Thanks babe for being so good to me and knowing how to make me happy!!

1 comment:

The Dabo's said...

Nope. Don't think I could do that. I can't kill a spider in the house. And not because I'm scared but because I feel bad for it. BUT I think it's great that you can!