Craig and I are learning something new every day. I never would have guessed how hard, tiring, fun, overwhelming, rewarding, and amazing being a mom is! I thought I would never get the hang of it. I finally feel like I'm getting back to normal. I'm loving it!
1. She loves her car seat
2. She cries and cries after every time I feed her... it's so sad
3. We have a projectile spitter
(look closely at the photo of craig and her- taken after he got too close right after I fed her)
4. She officially has reflux- bad! and we're trying everything to help her
5. She's starting to enjoy her baths- for a minute
6. She LOVES her binky- if we could just keep it in her mouth
7. She's completely bald on both sides of her head
8. She is smiling!!!
9. She took her first trip to Provo- and slept the whole way
10. She is becoming so aware of the world around her
Craig got his deer...
Not bad for his first deer... and he shot it with a BOW!
Many people may think Craig is an avid hunter. I mean look at him... doesn't he just fit the bill??? Well.. you will be surprised when I say it's only his second year hunting. Last year we were all disappointed when we didn't have any luck on the deer hunt. This year Craig was determined to get one... with a bow. Since he has so much experience in this type of hunt (wink), a lot of people didn't have faith in him. But I did! (That is why I let him start going just a few short days after Eliza was born) He kept coming home with stories of "big bucks", but no luck. One night he called and said "Babe I got a deer!", I said "Serious? That is so great!", and he said... "But we couldn't find it." What? How do you not find the deer you shot? They followed the blood trail as long as they could.. but they lost it when it got too dark. I was sooo disappointed! But he was sure he shot it.. and I wasn't so sure I believed him. The next day he and his friend went up to see if they could find it... well- now I believe him.
We have a new Nephew...
Craig's sister Kelly had a baby boy just 3 weeks after Eliza was born.
Barrett Samuel Stanworth was born on September 1, 2009 at 2:15 p.m.
8 pounds 11 ounces, 19 inches
We were able to go up to Elk Ridge and spend the weekend with their family. Barrett is so cute and just perfect! It was crazy to see the difference that 3 weeks makes. Eliza seemed like a monster compared to him! I'm so excited that Eliza has a cousin that is so close to her age. It's going to be so much fun!
Barrett Samuel Stanworth was born on September 1, 2009 at 2:15 p.m.
8 pounds 11 ounces, 19 inches
We were able to go up to Elk Ridge and spend the weekend with their family. Barrett is so cute and just perfect! It was crazy to see the difference that 3 weeks makes. Eliza seemed like a monster compared to him! I'm so excited that Eliza has a cousin that is so close to her age. It's going to be so much fun!

13 comments:
oh man...ivy was a HUGE spitteruper(?) as well. she seriously didn't stop until she was like 6 months old. it was so annoying. i hope eliza gets over it sooner! she is darling!!
Welcome to my world. Olivia was a projectile spitter and she had to be put on enfamil AR (expensive)because she wasn't gaining any weight just nursing. She stopped spitting at 9 months. Drew wasn't projectile but again he was put on enfamil AR and Zantac. He didn't stop spitting until 1 year. Then Alex spit up but I think it was the normal stuff. Tyler claims he has cleaned up more spit up than anyone. And you'll notice when she starts eating solids she will probably have a sensitive reflux and gag over the smallest things. This is so common by the way, and it does go away eventually. Most people have a reflux baby. I just happened to have 3! Anyways she looks great and so do you and so does the deer. Love the little leggings!
Love her! She is beautiful. Glad we saw you for a min and can't wait to see you in Oct. Congrats on the deer and new nephew!
I swear I have honestly thought about taping taylors binky to his face!:) She is darling Britta!
I was emailing with Lisa and we were thinking it would be fun to do a post prenatal class lunch with a few of us or something. Let me know if you would be interested. I would love to see your little girl in person and I love talking babies with everyone!
A month old already...that's crazy!! She is such a doll! Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon.
I didn't even know people still hunted with a bow...that's impressive though!
Oh, we love her. Keep up on the reflux issue...just keep trying new things and something is bound to help. I feel so bad for you having a fussy baby for your first. I think your supposed to have a really mellow one first so that you will want more. I could seriously have like...5 Barretts in my home.
You take the best pictures and are so good to keep your blog posted! Eliza is adorable! She comes from good genes! She is such a "girly, girl". I love it! You are a wonderful Mother!
I cannot believe how fast time goes by! Seeing as how Lydia is only 2 days older than Eliza, we're both coming up on the 6 week mark. Crazy!
I hope things get better with the acid reflux thing. I'm glad you're feeling more normal too. I feel much better now as well :) I like Marcie's idea of lunch sometime. I could even host it at my house or something if we don't want to brave a restaurant with these little darlings.
She is adoarable! Motherhood is definitely a huge change and just can't ever really understand until it happens to you but it becomes natural and then when they're gone with your hubby or something or you have a sitter, it just feels weird not to have them around.
haha tylee is a projectile as well! she misses the burpcloth on my shoulder and gets it all over the couch.
she's darling! and i think it's safe to say it gets easier and easier!
she is adorable! hope she gets better soon, its so hard having a fussy baby;( but they do grow out of it eventually then become naughty toddlers:)
Britta she is just adorable...keep the updates coming-I love to hear how you and her are doing...she is dang cute...
wow! she is already over a month! she is sooo cute! hopefully we'll get to meet her sometime!
Post a Comment