8.14.2010

... 12 Months ...
08.08.10

My baby is 1.
I cannot believe it.

This last year has been full of
Laughs...Kisses...Tears...Fun...Love...Adventures...Hugs...Prayers...Worry...Thanks...
and did I mention Love???
We love this little thing more than we thought possible.


She's loving stuffed animals lately (especially Bunny).
She got so many toys for her birthday- I've given her one. The rest are stored in her closet. We're going to slowly reveal them.
She's drinking straight Vitamin D milk now. I was worried about switching her- because I'm not sure what to look for. Hopefully I'll notice if something changes.
She only eats what we're eating. Even if she has the same thing- she needs to see it come right from our plate- otherwise she won't eat it.
*It happened last night. I was eating a Cafe Rio burrito for dinner. I cut part of it off and put it on her plate, cut it into pieces, then arranged them on her tray. She was not having it. But as soon as I started feeding her from my plate- she was eating it up. What a little stinker.
She's really starting to understand us- it's amazing.
She's been jabbering a lot. She says:
Dada
Papa: Grandpa
Cu-cah
Ta-Ta: Tyson
Haa?- Hello (while holding the phone to her ear)
and she's mastered the "B" words.
Bah: Ball
Bah-Bah: Bottle
Baby
Bueee: Bunny
Boosh: Boozer/Bogey
Bye-Bye
Still waiting for the big "Mama"... hopefully soon!

We got her front facing car seat but still haven't installed it. How lazy are we?
We'll keep her rear facing for awhile.
Happy day when I could finally give her strawberries. She loves them.
She loves any fruit. I wish she would love any food like she loves any fruit. Sometimes I feel like I've gone through my entire refrigerator before she finally eats something. It's exhausting. (not to mention messy!)
She could stand all day- as long as she's distracted by something.
She can walk as long as she doesn't realize she's walking. She takes five or six steps towards something she wants, then sits down and crawls. We keep saying we need to work with her on it- but do we really want to?
She laughs when we laugh. Coughs when we cough. Claps when we clap. She's a little copy cat.
*The other day at a restaurant- a little girl at the table next to us had Eliza mimicking everything she did. It was so cute to watch. Plus it kept her entertained through the entire meal.
She loves animals and babies. When she sees another baby she starts saying "Baby, Baby".
Her Dr. appointment is next week- can't wait to get her stats.
She's still in size 3 diapers.
She still where's 6-9 month clothing.
Her hair is starting to get a little thicker. She still has a receding hairline, with a long curly patch in the back (which we call the duck tail).
She is learning so much lately. I just watch her take everything in. She's figuring out her world- it's amazing to watch. I'm so proud of her.

Happy Birthday Eliza Lynn
We love you!

4 comments:

jaesi said...

happy 1st Eliza! that last pic is too cute!
time for another.....;)

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

So cute. I'm glad her birthday party was a success!

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

Happy Bday Liza! Love you!! Sorry we missed your partay!! hope you like your little pony:)

Mich and Nate said...

Congrats! I can't believe our babies are one already! Oh, so Britta, you are probably the one reading this and are like "who the heck are you?"....... I am a friend of Craig's. I used to live in St. George with the Ellet girls. Tell Craig hi for me!!! Anways, I saw you guys on Kylee's blog. Eliza is darling!