10.27.2010

Laguna Beach
California
October 13-17

We planned a weekend vacation with the Legg Family.
We all needed a break from Work, School, Accounting, (& the "Single Mom" life).
We thought relaxing on the beach, laying out on the deck, and hitting up our regular shops and restaurants sounded like the perfect getaway.
Of course it rained the whole time we were there.
Why wouldn't it???
We still had a blast.

We left Wednesday about 5:00
All six of us piled in Craig's truck.
I wish we would have taken a picture.
Cass: How did we not get a picture?

Thursday
Was supposed to be our "sunny" day.
We decided to spend the day in Huntington.
It was freezing.
We braved the beach anyways- the boys even got in.
Crazy.
Eliza didn't like the sand at first (again).
She wouldn't put her feet down in the beginning.


She slowly warmed up to it.
She even ate some with her lunch.











Our amazing "gifts" from the husbands.
So thoughtful.

These girls were so fun together.
It was soooo nice they were able to entertain each other.




Friday
Shopping at The Spectrum.
We tried the Merry-go-round for the first time.
Eliza hated it.
Kendall loved it.
She didn't want it to end.
Oh this picture is priceless.




Saturday

We braved the beach again.
This time we stayed in Laguna.
Yes- the boys got in again.
What is wrong with them?
(it was full on raining)

Ok girls... get close for a picture!
A little closer...
Just a liiiittle closer...
OK- Too close! Too close!Apparently our child has some personal space issues





Another mall.
More shopping.
More yummy food.
Adam and Craig have their own desserts?
AND they're basically touching.
Weird.
(Cassidy and I were a little jealous)

Good Food.New Starbucks Addictions.Mild Abuse.Shopping.Great Babysitters.Tight Quarters.Cracked Pepper Sunflower Seeds.Teriyaki Burgers From Hell.Card Games.Rain.Pumpkins.Beach.Stories.Anxiety.Boys Against Girls.Best.Trip.Ever.
(Next time will be even better)


2 comments:

The Dabo's said...

I think we need to be better friends. That place looks like a blast. Glad you had fun, even in the rain.

Cassidy Legg said...

this is my favorite post ever. I laughed through the whole thing. I am so ready to go again!! Even if I am the babysitter :)