10.25.2008

Deer Hunt

Well- this last weekend I had my first hunting experience... and I actually loved it! We met Craig's family up at Mount Dutton. It was so nice to take a few days off of work and just relax with the family. Craig's mom makes the best dutch-oven dinners and desserts- so of course we ate a ton. But I really surprised myself by how much I really liked it! I went out with the boys pretty much every time. It was a blast. I didn't want to come home!




Craig is so amazing with his nephews. I love watching him with them. I have never seen anything like it. He is going to be the most amazing daddy ever. Someday.
This sign and dirt road are actually a pretty significant part of Me and Craig's little vacation. Since we both worked on Friday- we didn't get to leave with the rest of the fam. We headed out for our "3 hour" drive- which ended up being a 6 hour adventure. So to make a long story short- we took a wrong turn (We took the Mt. Dutton turn off). Which happened to be the scariest, steepest, rockiest dirt road ever. We drove on this "fourwheeler" trail in a beater car that we had borrowed... for about 13 miles up to the top of Mt. Dutton... looking for this "turn off" where the family was camping.... well obviously it never came. So we took the hour drive back down the mountain to see if we missed it. We didn't have service so we had to drive a few towns back where we had little flicks of service. We finally got a hold of Kelly- and in our broken up conversation told her to meet us in Anamony right as my phone died. Hoping she had heard us- we headed back to Anamony. With still no sign of them- we stopped at an old gas station (these towns are seriously in the middle of nowhere). We were trying to use the payphone in the dark- when a truck pulled up. Wow what a relief. We were preparing to sleep in the car- and hopefully not freeze to death! But Kelly and Jeff saved us! We followed them to camp- which was actually a completely different direction. We were soooo off! We pulled into camp around 11:30p.m..... only 3 hours late!

2 comments:

Kelly Stanworth said...

So funny to hear you repeat the getting lost story. Funny now, not funny when we were worried that Craig's sweet beater of a car had died somewhere. We had so much fun with you guys. And, I agree with you on Craig making a great dad someday. I would recommend waiting for a few years and then borrowing my kids for a trial basis. Nick looks so cute in those pictures, but we all know looks can be decieving.

mid said...

https://www.tokopedia.com/zippozi/zippo-27-armor-brushed-sterling-silver-original-made-in-usa