6.16.2009

Post overload... I'm way behind!

33 Weeks

1. My hair is growing super fast
2. I can't do my toes anymore- Craig is going to have to step up
3. It's getting hard to tie my shoes!
4. My feet have started to swell this week
5. I've been assigned to pack my hospital bag- any suggestions?
6. We still don't have ANYTHING
7. My first shower is this week- and I am so excited!
(the one in st. george is in a couple weeks)
8. I've started buying diapers
9. My gallbladder is making it difficult for me to sleep
10. Craig is having dreams that are just as weird as mine...

5 comments:

Annie said...

hospital bag:
*your own nursing gown i got mine from Motherhood, it had a gown and robe and is much better than the hospital ones.
*Underwear big granny panties to hold in all the gigantic hospital size pads!
*video and regular camera
*comfy going home outfit
*Nursing bras ones without wire for the comfort while lying in bed
*babies going home outfit, go with a preemie size cause newborn will be too big, unless you have a 9 pound child.
*your toiletries or make Craig go get them after baby arrives.
* one last thing DON'T LEAVE IT IN THE CAR! like Cody did!

*

Marcie said...

I am getting so excited for you! Yes get those bags packed cuz ya never know when its going to happen:

-comfy clothes, I took yoga pants and shade t-shirts. I didnt wear that hospital gown very long.
-stuff to get ready with, I showered and got ready each day I was there and it made me feel so much better.
-nursing bras, lansinoh creme and a boppy, my shower was the week after taylor was born so I just used pillows to nurse and thats a pain cuz they shift and slip around. A boppy is so much easier and comfortable to nurse with.
-snacks you like
- my number one FAV thing I ordered and took with me is a BELLY BANDIT, its a compression band you wear sson after and it is supposed to help the swelling in your tummy go down faster and I SWEAR it works. It also keeps eveything nice and tight so I wasnt so self conscious about my gushy belly.
Good Luck with everything! You will love it, being a mom is so much better than I ever imagned it would be! (And I actually enjoyed the labor process too)

Brittney Taylor said...

I also loved the belly band but I didn't get it till just a few weeks ago after my second was born...wish I had it sooner...
I had a bag ready with my clothes and baby clothes but the stuff I was still using everyday (ex: toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, lotion, make-up, ect.) I wrote on a piece of paper and taped it to my bathroom mirror so that if something happened that I couldn't grab my own things then my husband had the list right there to know what to get...
and I didn't find out the sex of our babies so I had to take a universal outfit for the baby to come home in and so we bought the Gerber brand of onesies and they actually run a little small so if you buy a newborn of that brand you should be alright bringing the baby home in that...but if you are picking out a cute outfit do like Annie said and get a preemie outfit...
and once I was able to get dressed and leave the hospital I did not use the hospital pads anymore...I bought the Always Ultra Thin pads with Overnight Protection and they worked fine...and you don't feel like you are wearing a diaper...
I think that is all the advice I have for ya...it will be a great experience and good luck to you...My births were so much fun and I hope the same for you...don't get me wrong painful but I laughed through the contractions and just couldn't wait to see my little one...and I hope it is all good for you too...

LisaJ said...

Don't forget the camera!! I also took something that I could write on. After each of my kids were born, I wrote them a letter about the day. I later turned them into cute shutterfly picture books (with pictures from the day they were born) and they all LOVE them!

I didn't take my own nursing gowns. The hospitals do suck, but (as gross as this may sound) I'd rather bleed on and ruin theirs instead of mine! I saved mine for home.

**Don't forget any hair bows/bands to go with the outfit you choose for the baby. I'd also take 1 cute (but a little bigger) outfit for you to wear. You want to look cute for the "first family photo"!!**

Kaesy said...

Don't worry, I packed DEPENDS. It was the best decision I ever made. Do it. You'll understand why as soon as they hand you those mesh panties and expect you to wear a pad the size of Long Island in them.