Elk Hunt
*Never ever did I ever dream that I would ever be blogging about the Elk Hunt. Ever.
I've learned a lot about hunting in the last year.{Weird}
But apparently I have one lucky husband.
He drew a southwest desert archery Elk tag, with only 3 points.
{Lucky for him, unlucky for me}
We got the news mid-April.
And it's been the main topic of discussion for him ever since.
After months of talking, researching, scouting, practicing, preparing, thinking, dreaming and did I mention talking? about the Elk Hunt, the much anticipated "opening weekend" arrived.
{I thought it would never get here- let's get this thing over with}
Opening Weekend
Indian Peaks
August 19-21
I really sucked at taking pictures this weekend.
This is it...
But we were really busy hunting, and believe it or not- I loved it!
Opening morning was so intense.
{I seriously almost peed my pants}
Long story short:
He missed.
{I still love him}
Weekend #2
August 26-29
No photos to prove we were even there.
{He didn't get any shots either}
Weekend #3
September 2-5
Since Gram didn't come I didn't have a babysitter.
Kelly and I hung out at camp and entertained kids, cooked delicious meals, and did some crafting.
They were in heaven.
I actually had to hose Eliza down before putting her in the tub at night. I was afraid the pipes in our trailer couldn't handle all the dirt.
I was probably right.
Until it was time to come down.
After it was discovered, she hung out by the ladder and cried.
Apparently his wife doesn't have as much pull as she thought she did...
The day the Elk died, so did the beard~
The only person with any success with a bow this weekend, was Ryan.
This little dude shot a lizard with his bow.
Weekend #4
September 9-12
I decided to sit this one out.
{I was all "hunted out"}
Of course the one weekend I didn't go, he brought this home...


3 comments:
I laughed and laughed at this post. I'm so glad you take pictures of my (slightly weird) boys. Some day, I'll get to scrapbooking again and I'll call you for pictures. I love that Barrett is totally shoving fist-fulls of dirt and rocks into his mouth in one pictures and Ryan has shot a lizard in another. I'm going to swipe some of you pictures for my blog. I hope we get to see you soon.
I'm not understanding this lingo, since I don't have a hunter on my hands but that deer thing with big horns is HUGE! Hasn't Craig ever seen Bambi? We have a hard time killing spiders in this house. And why are all men always obsessed with something (other than boobs)? I know way too much about golf and I don't golf!
That thing is huge! Wow. Congrats on the elk for Craig and you for making it through the elk season :)
Post a Comment