2.03.2010

02.01.10

{A Day With Eliza}
7:30 a.m.
"Mom! I wake up!"


She never cries when she wakes up
(and if she does- She's not really ready to wake up)
She is always so happy in the mornings.


{Breakfast}
8:00 a.m.
After I nurse her, she gets rice cereal
She loves it
{Toe Time}
She has recently discovered her toes
After I change her it's toe time for a bit...



{Mom's Shower}
8:45 a.m.
While I shower...


But the play mat only lasts about 6 minutes
After that- she is right up on the counter with Mommy
My hair things are much more fun to chew on...

{Nap Time}
9:45 a.m.
Her morning nap usually lasts two hours


I have to admit... I'm pretty proud of our sleep training skillzzzz
She goes right down without a peep
I guess the thumb helps too...

"Mom! I wake up!"
11:45 a.am
Since she doesn't cry when she wakes up
I just listen for her little babbles
When I come in I usually get a huge smile!


{Lunch Time}
12:30 p.m.

Is she not the cutest?
I think so...

After lunch I usually get her ready for the day
(I know... how lazy)
If I do it any earlier I end up having to change her anyways

{Mirror Time}
She loves seeing herself in the mirror
It's so funny to watch her laugh at her reflection
It's part of our routine

{Spoon Me}
1:00 p.m.
There's usually some reason for me to go into Spoon Me everyday
I'm so lucky that I can just bring her along with me!
She loves working with Mommy
My girls (employees) are always good at entertaining her while I get some work done!


{Errands}
1:30 p.m.
Errands in the afternoon
This particular day we stopped by the office to see Grandpa
(and go over some papers)
We also went grocery shopping
She took her afternoon nap at Walmart
It's usually 2 hours but when we're out and about I'm lucky to get 1 out of her.


{Laundry}
3:30 p.m.
Seriously... laundry every day?
I had no idea I would be doing multiple loads a day
folding folding folding
it's what I do all evening
(well... that's what it seems like anyways)

Eliza just hangs out
She is seriously so good

{Oprah}
4:00 p.m.
I normally don't watch Oprah every day
If it's not Oprah, it's something else I've recorded and "need" to watch
The Bachelor, Teen Mom, The Office, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, The Real World, American Idol, Biggest Loser, Fantasy Factory... just to name a few

Eliza likes my shows too... promise

{Tummy Time}
So- I know babies need some tummy time
But since Eliza would never ever ever sleep on her back,
When I lay her on her tummy- it's automatic thumb in mouth, sooth to sleep time.


BUT!!! Lately she has been doing this!


I am so hoping this doesn't mean she'll be crawling soon
I don't think I'm ready for that.
I'm not going to say I haven't sent this picture to my entire family though
I'm a pretty proud Momma!

{Evening Nap}
5:30 p.m.
Usually Eliza takes one more nap in the evening
(depending on how long her afternoon nap is)
This one is just a quicky.. only about 45 minutes


By the end of the day- this is what we look like...

One sock, soaked onesie, no bow
but still a happy CUTE little girl!

At this point in the day, no reason to keep her dressed
Her clothes come off and it's tickle time with mommy!

{Dinner}
7:00 p.m.
I asked her what she wanted for dinner
she said:
"Rice cereal never gets old"
She is so easy to please


{Bath}
8:00 p.m.
Craig is usually home by bath time
But sometimes school goes late for him
He gets upset when he comes home and she's already done

The beloved wash cloth
This is just a recent thing
I DARE you to just TRY to take it away...
It can't be sanitary- but it's a much more pleasant bath


{Daddy's Home}
8:15 p.m.
She gets so excited when Daddy comes home
She hears his voice and looks frantically to find him
Then it's all smiles and giggles



{Tickle Time}
This is Craig's tickle time
and it is much more fun than mine
He gets her to laugh so hard
I'm pretty sure it's her favorite
I know it's his...


{Story Time}
She actually sits through them now

{Na-Night}
8:30 p.m.
Right to sleep...
She's seriously an Angel



If somebody would have told me 3 months ago
That I would have such an amazing, easy, sweet little girl
I wouldn't have believed them.
The 24-hour screaming for the first few months was so worth it!

Every day with Eliza is the best day

10 comments:

Sandy/Gram said...

You are so awesome to keep your blog going strong. I hope you are backing everything up because your blog is seriously the best journaling ever! I love to see what you are doing during the day and how much love you and Craig have for Eliza. She is one blessed little girl!

Shanan Wasden said...

wow!! she such a good baby! that sounds like such a fun little routine, and i love that shes always smiling!

The Dabo's said...

She really has such a perfect little face! Darling! I miss the days of just me and Olivia all day. Treasure these moments because you never get them back. It seems the more kids you have the less time you have to really enjoy them like your first baby. Anyways she's so cute and I am glad she's such a good baby!

Kelly Stanworth said...

I'm so Jealous with a capital J. I'm going to stick with my theory of it being Jeff's genes that make them kind of tempermental babies in our family. Barrett is so, so, so sweet, but he isn't a napper and nights are terrific. You and Craig are such great parents. I love seeing how big Lili is getting. I can't believe the sitting up and the "crawl" position. Seriously, some babies do start to crawl about her age...crazy that she's that big already.

Higbee said...

She is so adorable! Our schedules are pretty similar! That's funny

Courtney said...

She is so going to be crawling soon! What a fun rundown of your day.

erica said...

love all the things you captured throughout your day.

as for the book i just did...i did it through blurb.com. you just have to download the booksmart program that is on the homepage (of if you want to use your own you could?) and then pick the size of book you want and it slurps your blog into the program and you fix the layout how you want it.
its kind of hard to get the hang of at first...but once you take time to play around with it, its pretty easy to figure out.
just make sure you pick the right size you want - because you can't change it later.
if you decide to do it and have questions i'd be happy to help out. but really im no expert. haha. good luck.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

How fun to document the day. I can't believe she's up on all fours! Lydia's not doing that yet (just scooting on her belly and rolling) and I'm good with that. I'm scared of the crawling phase too.

Kaesy said...

I love this "Day with Baby" post...been wanting to do it but way too lazy. Look how cute you two are. Pretty sure you're twins.

Loni said...

You will always be so happy that you recorded your day. You're such a good mom.