{Cabo San Lucas}
Mexico

{Day 0}
Friday
Our trip actually started in Vegas on Friday night. Our flight left at 6 a.m. on Saturday, so needless to say, a night in Vegas was a must! Craig and I drove straight to The Cheesecake Factory for a "Valentine's Day" dinner (really it was just our justification for eating a ton of food). We went to bed as early as possible- not sleeping much since Eliza was in the room with us. And when you have to get up at 4:30 in the morning, who really sleeps anyway???
{Day 1}
Saturday
Vegas to L.A.
I was pretty nervous about the flights. I really just didn't know what to expect from our little one! The last thing I wanted to be was that family everybody is so annoyed with the entire flight. I packed everything I could think of that might help any situation possible.
All of it was useless because this is what she did the second the plane's engines turned on.

I was so relieved...
L.A. to Cabo
Craig was jealous that Eliza slept on me the whole plane ride (an entire 50 minutes...she has never slept in our arms before) so this time he wanted her. This is right when we were taking off...
Two hours later...
Mexico

{Day 0}
Friday
Our trip actually started in Vegas on Friday night. Our flight left at 6 a.m. on Saturday, so needless to say, a night in Vegas was a must! Craig and I drove straight to The Cheesecake Factory for a "Valentine's Day" dinner (really it was just our justification for eating a ton of food). We went to bed as early as possible- not sleeping much since Eliza was in the room with us. And when you have to get up at 4:30 in the morning, who really sleeps anyway???
{Day 1}
Saturday
Vegas to L.A.
I was pretty nervous about the flights. I really just didn't know what to expect from our little one! The last thing I wanted to be was that family everybody is so annoyed with the entire flight. I packed everything I could think of that might help any situation possible.
All of it was useless because this is what she did the second the plane's engines turned on.

I was so relieved...
L.A. to Cabo
Craig was jealous that Eliza slept on me the whole plane ride (an entire 50 minutes...she has never slept in our arms before) so this time he wanted her. This is right when we were taking off...

Two hours later...
View from The Ridge
That night we went to dinner at Pepe's.
Craig had been dreaming about their pork tacos and baked potato since last year. We had to go their our first night so we could go again during the week.
{Day 2}
Sunday
We woke up early and went to 9 o'clock church.
We spent the rest of the day at the pool. It was Eliza's first time being in a pool. I thought she would hate it- but she actually loved it!
That night we went to an Italian restaurant that we had never been to before.
(No pictures)
Service was horrible... food was great!
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
{Day 3}
Monday
Our first day of just relaxing!
Pool time...
(No pictures)
Service was horrible... food was great!
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
{Day 3}
Monday
Our first day of just relaxing!
Pool time...

Dinner at La Dolce's... the family's favorite!
Every year we come here 1 or 2 times. The pizza is the best, and their pasta is even better. We're missing the food already...


{Day 4}
Tuesday
Happy Birthday Mom!!!
The annual "Family Meeting" in the morning- then straight to the pool!


We celebrated at Mi Casa.
It has an amazing "Mexican" atmosphere.
Rebecca and I actually took Eliza back there to do an unofficial photoshoot.
(Pictures to come later)
The whole family

The Birthday girl with all of her babies
(Minus Tyson)
(Minus Tyson)

The ones who make this happen every year...
(for the past 18 years)
We love you both so much!
(for the past 18 years)
We love you both so much!

Happy Birthday Grandma!!!
{Day 5}
Wednesday
Since we've been going to Cabo for 18 years now, our routine is pretty much the same.
6:00 a.m. - Fishing on the beach
No we didn't plan our "morning outfits"It just happened...
8:00 a.m. - Breakfast9:00 a.m. - Pool side
Snacks. Books. Lunch. Games. Ipods. Football. Swimming. Pink Pong. Volleyball. Drinks.
5:30 p.m. - Walk to town for dinner
Early to bed... Early to rise
We thought we'd done everything that Cabo has to offer...
But this year Craig was determined to go surfing. So we planned a trip to Los Cerritos (45 minutes away) where there were surfing waves.
After Craig battled the huge waves for 30 minutes (seriously- they were huge)
He came in super frustrated from fighting the under tow and the waves.
I decided I wanted to try- so we took the board over to the small waves to just see.
Totally showed my husband up when I popped up on the first wave and rode it all the way in. Caught the second wave too. After that my luck ran out.
{Britta}
After I rocked it (haha I wish) Craig decided to try out the smaller waves too.He got up like a champ.
If you look closely, on one of those photos you can see me behind Craig catching a pretty nice sized wave. Oh wait... I think that might be me in the front watching.
Surfing is hard.
{Craig}



She was diggin the sand...

Dinner at Pepe's again.
Can't get enough of their baked potatoes.
Is it weird that we order baked potatoes in Mexico?
If only you knew...

Eliza fell asleep in my Dad's arms.I think it was the highlight of his trip- in real life.
{Day 6}
Thursday

Craig just can't wait to be able to throw Eliza up onto his shoulders.He wanted to practice... I thought it was the cutest.
I love love love these two.
{Day 7}
Friday
We had our annual breakfast at Mama's.
We went to town a little early to get some pictures of Eliza (Thanks you Rebecca!!!)
After the photoshoot and breakfast, Eliza was completely worn out.
We stopped on the docks on the way home to look at the baby lions. I took her hat off and two seconds later I looked over and this is what I saw...
What an angel...Another day up on the ridge.
We like it up there because it's quiet and there's a slide for the kids.


The trip home was a complete disaster.
Delays. Missed flights. Nasty food. No sleep. Lay overs. Long hours. 2 Planes. Drive from Vegas.
Eliza was such a little trooper. When we missed our flight in L.A. I was seriously in tears.
Eliza was so tired (Because she wouldn't sleep on the flight from Cabo)
But she was still happy!

Come on Eliza... Tell us how you really feel...















6 comments:
What a fun vacay! Eliza is such a doll!
Wow how fun! You look AMAZING! After looking at you in a bikini, I'm going to the gym right now! :D
so jealous! what a bunch of cute grand kids your mom has!
how fun! it makes me so excited for the wilstead family trip to hawaii!
wow- every year! lucky ducks! looks like lots of fun! and you look so good! never woulda guessed you had a baby- and LOVE all elizas outfits and swimsuits! cute cute :)
Are you kidding me...
I died over every single aspect of this post. Your baby, your body, your family, La Dolce, your matching sweatsuits. EVERYTHING. I just love you Brittaface. Looks like an amazing trip! I can't even handle how beautiful Eliza is. She looks so much like you it kills me! Good job.
...i'm on a horse.
I am your occasional blog stalker :). Looks like you all had a great time! I am with the Higbee's, after looking at you in a bikini I am headed to the gym. I have never been to Mexico and have always wanted to go, after seeing all of your pics I am determined to get there.
Post a Comment