9.10.2010

{Whole New World}

Eliza has officially discovered there is a whole new world just on the other side of our front door. It started by walking out to the garbage with me. Then walking to the mailbox with me. Now- sitting by the door crying "Bye Bye" (while waving bye bye) throughout the entire day is starting to lose it's charm. Ok I still laugh and think it's the cutest. But it might get old quickly.
Side note:
~ If I try to help her- she has a melt down.
~ If I try to pick her up at all- she has a melt down.
~ If she wants to walk on the grass and I want to walk on the cement- she has a melt down.

Is it horrible that this is the first video I have actually taken of her walking? I think I got some a couple months ago when she started taking a couple steps- but let's be honest- a couple steps here and there for 2 months isn't as exciting as it was at first. But now.... she's officially an unassisted (mostly) walker!!! Yeah!

*Sorry it's long- I don't know how to cut it*




{Talking}
Eliza says (or tries to say) anything and everything we say. She's starting to understand words and their meanings. It's actually pretty hilarious. She repeats everything I say. Sometimes I hear her say things I didn't realize she even knew.

We have gone camping every weekend this last month (it's hunting season). Eliza has a little Crib/Playpen in the front of our trailer. She has full view of the kitchen/living room area. Last weekend every morning I would wake up to..."Nana? Nana? Bah-Bah? Bu-e? Ba-na-na? Ba-na-na?" (Banana, Bunny, Bottle, Banana- repeated over and over.) I couldn't be upset that is was 7 a.m.- it was too cute.

My Mom insisted I get her "talking" on video. She's very amazed by all the words she can say. Well- so are we. We're pretty sure she's a genius.

This is my attempt to get her to say some of her words... She's a little distracted.

5 comments:

Kelly Stanworth said...

I knew you'd blog since our boys are away hunting! I think she's a genius too. I miss her.

Sam and Lacey said...

She is a doll. Love it!

The Grantham Family said...

Holy moly Britta! She is so stinkin' cute...and super smart! I cannot believe how many words she is saying. What a doll!

Kaesy said...

so so cute. we do lots of video-ing in the tub too...it's the only place I can keep her contained and make her do tricks! To this day dying over Eliza's name. I smile every time you call her "Li-li".

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Wow! I can't believe she's talking so much! So cute!