1.07.2009

Oh So Behind!

{Viva la Mexico}






{Crab-filled killer waves}



{New Year's Eve}






{The family}












{The one that made it happen....after a long cab ride with an open window!}


Ok so just one last thing to blog about.... MEXICO!!! We were lucky enought to go to Manzanillo Mexico with Craig's entire family. Every year for Nanny Patty's (Craig's Grandma) Birthday she takes the whole family on a big trip. This year it was Manzanillo. It was sooooo nice to get away from the store- and the cold weather- and get some nice relaxing sun! We stayed at an awesome resort. We swam- ate- snorkled- ate- fished- ate- slept- ate- and of course- ate. The beach was fun for the kids and Craig of course. For me- not so much. I wasn't a fan of the big waves and the CRABS that kept biting our toes! Not to mention the millions of schools of tiny fish that were a constant stream agains our legs. (I just knew there was a huge fish munching on the little ones). It was a great week with family and just what we needed!


{Christmas Day}











Christmas Day was great. Craig and I woke up so early so we could have our Christmas done and be to my parent's house to watch the kids see what Santa had brought them. Craig was so worried because he is "so not creative" but he did amazing! I loved EVERYTHING he got me and he was so cute about it. I even had a stocking FULL of stuff. I was so proud of him! He put all my gifts to shame! After we opened gifts we rushed to my parents to watch the kids. While were were eating Christmas breakfast- we got the long awaited phone call from Tyson! We all got to talk to him. He's doing amazing. Doesn't miss home at all- and can't believe he only has 1.5 years left. He says it's not enough time. He sounded as happy as ever.
What else could we ask for???


{Christmas Eve}






I am so behind on posts I don't even know where to begin! Craig and I are doing awesome. We had a great Christmas/Holiday with a lot of action. With both of our families being here- we got to enjoy them all. Riley and Mykelle came down with their beautiful girls to spend Christmas with us. We were able to have our big Christmas Eve dinner with our anual P.J. party and treasure hunt. It was Craig's first "Christmas with the Facers"- and I have to admit it's a little overwhelming! Every year my mom makes an insane dinner (this year is was prime rib and KING crab legs... with a bunch of goodies of course). Although midway through our meal we had an episode which made us all lose our appetites (Adelaide our 7 week old neice... stopped breathing! It only lasted about 25-30 seconds... but long enough for us to all panic- call 911- and of course me to basically pass out. She finally caught her breath and it turned out ok... just one of the scariest experiences ever!!!!). After dinner we do the P.J. thing and the kids go on a treasure hunt and find all sorts of fun stuff. It was a great night!

7 comments:

dre said...

Britta! CUTE post! I love you, mexico, the PJ's, Jillyn's cooking, the house, the red rocks, st. george... okay maybe not stg... BUT i love you and I want to see you soon. Maybe I can get lisa to take me there. =) oh, and congrats to Craig for putting all your gifts to shame. you are a tough one to beat.

A said...

You had an awesome holiday! You guys are the cutest together!! I am glad little adalade is okay... I can just picture you going into one of your panic attacks! I love you and miss you!!

erica said...

wow, wish we rang the new year in king style. looks like you guys had a great holiday. oh my scary about adelaide glad she's okay. those kids are so cute!

Kelly Stanworth said...

Wow, you did much better than me on catching up with things. I love the picture of Craig fishing...the lighting is just nice. Craig and Jeff must have the same creative gift-giving genes. I felt like an idiot on Christmas morning after I gave Jeff things like a matress topper to take to Mexico and boring cologne. He's much more considerate than I am.

The Dabo's said...

Haven't ever had one of my kids stop breathing yet. So scary. You guys look so cute.

Mary Jane said...

Hey Homestar! Love the pics, you and your husband are so cute. Love your dark hair- and cute life! Thanks for contacting me- take care!Looks like your family is doing great- your mom and dad are so sweet. Time goes by sooo fast.........

Unknown said...

Hey Britta, ran across your blog and thought I would say hi! (this is Melissa Clements). Haven't seen you forever and you sound like you are doing great and living it up! So glad to hear and fun to see pictures!